Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Less Than a Day to Live

2Pe 3:8 MKJV
(8) But, beloved, let not this one thing be hidden from you, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

It's easy to get bogged down with time. Our mistakes seem to cost us time more than anything else. Set-backs... at least in our minds. The enemy magnifies our mistakes, too, making them seem insurmountable. But examining the verse above might lead to an interesting discovery:

God gives us less than a day to live in the physical. He gives us less than a few hours to make decisions that are eternal in scope. What have you done in your life that you have never forgiven yourself for? Why let guilt ruin the only day you have? This is not of God! I do not keep a running total of all the times I must yell "NO" to my children during the course of a day. Nor do I remember them.

Php 3:13-14 MKJV
(13) My brothers, I do not count myself to have taken possession, but one thing I do, forgetting the things behind and reaching forward to the things before,
(14) I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

How perfect was the gentleman who wrote this?

No comments: